Childsplay is a collection of educational activities for young children and runs on Windows, OSX, and Linux.
Childsplay can be used at home, kindergartens and pre-schools.
Childsplay is a fun and save way to let young children use the computer and at the same time teach them a little math, letters of the alphabeth, spelling, eye-hand coordination etc.
Childsplay is part of the schoolsplay.org project.
Childsplay provides several features for users and developers of activities:
- memory activities that are fun to play and at the same time learn sounds, images, letters and numbers.
- activities that train the child to use the mouse and keyboard.
- pure game activities like puzzles, pong, pacman and billiards.
- multilingual support, even right to left languages (via Pango).
- solid data logging to monitor the children's progress; locally (SQLite) or over network (MySQL or any other db supported by SQLAlchemy).
- set of OpenOffice reports to print this data (still in development state).
- object oriented framework for easy activity development in Python/PyGame.
- good support by the developers and translators.